Friday, February 24, 2012

ten weeks.

dear bird,
today your mom woke up with a strong case of the absolutely-grumpy-s. partly it was due to the morning sickness, which is never fun...you did give me a break from it for the last few days, so thanks for that sweet thing! the other side of it is much more shallow. this week you're growing from the size of a kumquat to the size of a fig, and i was thinking yesterday that when you grow a little bigger, maybe i will feel more gracious toward my body. mostly cause by then i think i'll think of it more as YOUR body. all the growing and pudging it's doing will be for you. it is now, but when i can SEE you in a belly bump, it might help me to overlook the new bulge around my hips. i can't explain to you, bird, how silly we adults get over things like body image. i don't even want to explain it to you, because i want you to live in a better world, with a better reality than this one. a less cliche reality.  i want important things to be important to you. i want you to always every day of your life, to know how priceless your beauty and worth. i want you to treat yourself with kindness; i want you to be covered in the dignity of being absolutely loved and accepted. by me, by your daddy, by your whole giant family, and most of all by your sweet Heavenly Father. The One who made you and placed you in my growing tummy. you were meant for me, and i was meant for you.
Keep up the growing, my sweet little baby!!! I get to see you again in just a few weeks at ultrasound number three!
Love you already,
here you are little one
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment