Tuesday, February 28, 2012

tuesdays.

babydollbird,

you have officially logged eleven weeks of existence as of today! i love tuesdays. i loved tuesdays before, too, because they are not mondays, and they are far enough from fridays to keep the pining at bay. but now i love tuesdays because they mean i am another week closer to seeing your lil face. kissing your lil self. squeezing your lil body!! i have quite a love affair planned for you and i, my baby.

anywho. we're eleven weeks today, and for THE FIRST TIME IN WEEEEEKS, i have felt zero nausea. (knock on wood.) i believe this is proof that a) you are already the coolest kid around, and b) Jesus answers even the most desperate and silly of prayers. (mine went something like, 'Lord, dear sweet Lord, for the love of all things kind and lovely, please oh please Lord help me not throw up today.' *leaning over trash-can.*) (did i mention how awkward it is to have morning sickness when your apartment is only equipped with a squatty potty? new respect for Chinese mommies.)

today during my preschooler's nap time, i was scrolling through some pinterest nonsense (ehem, erm, i mean i was doing something productive and useful with my break) and i think i saw some sort of chicken recipe. two things happened: first, i found myself NOT repulsed by poultry (cheers!!) and second, i thought something like...maybe one day i'll make this for my little family. and i pictured you playing around my ankles in our little chinese kitchen, and my heart did this sort of swelling thing. kinda absurd, but i think a tear sprang to my eye. i just thought....is this what it will be like? yes, you are a whole new chapter of my life, and i am the very first chapter of your life....yes, you give me a whole new purpose. all that is true, and i knew that already. but today i just sorta realized, that YOU, your person and your life, will add all sorts of new purposes to everything. every single thing you touch. every person you meet. every.little.thing. will be different than it was before.

that's pretty amazing, darlin.

daddy and mommy and papa and nanny and pawpaw and nona and great nona and great pawpaw and your aunts and uncles and cousins are already nuts for you!

my preschoolers like you, too. today at circle time they each took turns patting my belly and saying "hullo baby!"

yea, it was sweet.

well....i guess i gotta go do grown up stuff now. i think it'll involve eating some raviolis. you like the sound of that? ok, good. :)

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment