Sunday, August 26, 2012

Waiting

We've been home for a couple days to wait things out...one doctor with one test said my water broke partially, hence the Pitocin drip. The next day, after hours of trying to be induced, painful contractions, and no progress, another doctor did another test and conveyed that it was "safe" and ok to go home. Now, does that mean my water did not break? Broke partially? I'm not convinced it was ever broken. I was going to go the hospital before I felt any leaking anyways, bc my contractions were close together and strong. We ended up paying a lot of money to stay bc they assumed it was broken based on what someone else told them. We asked over and over for a test, which they only agreed to days later. Your pop was not pleased, but your heavenly Father has enough money for all these shannanagins. I had mild contractions Friday, then Saturday morning, then nothing. We did meet a sweet and precious lady who stayed in our room with us, though, (the chocolate lady) who was 12 DAYS OVERDUE. We got to talk about Gods love and about why Christians pray, and we've been texting back and forth since we left. She wrote me Late last night to tell me her little boy FINALLY made his way into the world. It was a special thing to be on the receiving end of such sweet and personal news. I'm trying to focus on that friendship having resulted from the hospital stay, and not on all the unpredictability and misunderstanding that wracked my nerves and raised my blood pressure.
Your heart rate dropped Thursday night around 3 am, and they did some extra monitoring the rest of the night. You seemed ok other than somewhat fluctuating btwn chill and wired. You still haven't dropped. I don't think you're interested in meeting everyone yet.
Tuesday is your expected arrival date, based on what they told me last about how the placenta is looking...of this I feel equally unconvinced, because I get such a variety of reads depending on which doctor is examining us. I guess we'll see in our ultrasound when Tuesday comes around.
And in more wonderful news, your papa left a few hours ago to receive your grandparents at the Hong kong airport. Your nanny has requested that you wait until she gets here. Maybe you're just honoring her request.

Love you bird. Ready when you are. Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment